Thursday 22 November 2012

Come join me for afternoon tea plus OOTD and makeup

Today my husband and i went for yummy afternoon tea at Coombe Abbey. A 12th century monastery which is now a fab hotel and restaurant surrounded by acres and acres of beautiful nature trails and all things beautiful .This was a wedding present brought for us, which we have only just got round to using 13  months on....So i thought I'd let you all have peak into my fab afternoon and  take advantage of this and do an OOTD and what i wore on my face.

As we arrived up the very long drive the surroundings looked picture perfect with all the very pretty Autumn leaves.( you can not beat cold autumn days wrapped up warm)




So here's what i wore...its one of them things, What do you wear for afternoon tea?? so i went with something i would feel comfortable in but warm...I felt slightly out of place when we  arrived...the dress code seemed to be middle age/oap (the sterotypical afternoon tea goers lol) but I'm 27 so if you cant rock shiny leggings an an American print top for afternoon tea... when can you??



So ill start from top and work down most my outfit is Primark (i lurveeee primark for bargains)
woolly bobble hat with hearts and diamantes currently in primark £3
Fur collared quilted coat (fur detaches) currently in primark £22
Scull scarf black and cream £3 Primark
American flag print top with eagles is a very long top on me more a dress! but i tucked it in to make a short top this was reduced in Primark for £3 (bargain)
black shiny leggings £8 from George at Asda
Brown leather strap  ankle boots from Hush Puppies if i remember right these was about £100...these are fab quality..good quality shoes will see you through for years!!
 current season grey studded bag £6 primark

Here's what i wore on my face


FOUNDATION~Avon  ideal flawless invisible coverage shade creamy natural
BLUSHER~ Mac sheertone blush shade peaches
EYE'S~ Naked palette shades used virgin,sin,toasted and lined with elf eyeliner waterproof pen in black
LASHES~ Benefit bad gal lash in black
BROWS~ Hd brow palette
HIGHLIGHT~ Benefit high beam
LIPS~ Avon lipstick in personified plum


(excuse the eyebrows that are ready to be threaded ha )



So after posing for pics, i was eager for afternoon tea and i was not disappointed, the service was amazing and the food was of great quality....we was give 3 selection of sandwiches, flapjacks, scones jam &clotted cream, profiteroles, carrot cake and endless cup of English tea.....



Well i hope you enjoyed today's blog, We enjoyed are wedding present very much ......The great things about blogs are that i can document all my fab times and i have always got memories to look back on, as well as sharing  them with you!!




Hello to all my new subscribers and show the love and share my page xx 
can also be found on twitter @pinkpinkprinces

see you in my next blog post

                                    clair



p.s i love to read your comments  xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Clair, thanks for following me, I thought i'd pop over and return the love. I loved this post, the afternoon tea looked relish! I also think your outfit and make up were lovely too, like your style xx Laura (scottish Lass)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks for showing the love...get so excited when i get a new reader :),

    The aftrenoon tea was lush!! and thank you on the outfit and makeup.

    clair
    xx

    ReplyDelete